Step by Step For Cat Eye Gel Polish And Chrome Mirror Application — Esther's Nail Corner
Last weekend, I got a chance to try out the Cat Eye Gel Polish by Joya Mia. As you may know, Esther’s Nail Center just added this line to the store recently. If you are curious about Joya Mia Cat Eye Gel, check out our store.
My nails were done by a consultant from Joya Mia. They had a nice, little booth at a local beauty supply I visited. They offered me to try out the cat eye and chrome gel. I thought ‘Why Not?’. So that’s the story 🙂
At the booth, I had 1 nail done using Cat Eye Gel and 1 nail using Chrome Mirror powder. Application is easy.
Here’s the step by step on how to use Joya Mia Cat Eye gel:
- Prep your nail as usual (for this quick demo, we didn’t do this)
- Apply a thin layer of gel base coat. This can be any brand gel base coat. Cure for 30 seconds under 36-watt LED Lamp or 1 minute under 36-watt UV Lamp.
- Shake your cat eye gel polish thoroughly. Apply 1 thin layer of the gel polish. Cure for 30 seconds under 36-watt LED Lamp or 1 minute under 36-watt UV Lamp
- Apply the second coat of your gel polish. Don’t cure yet! Hover the magnetic stick (included in every purchase of Joya Mia Cat Eye Gel) for about 10-15 seconds to get the cat eye effect, then immediately cure.
- Apply a thin layer of the top coat and cure for about 1 minute under LED lamp. We took longer time to cure because we used the no cleanser Top Coat. However, if you use normal gel top coat, just cure as usual and remove the sticky layer.
- CHROME POWDER: If you want to finish with a Chrome finish, after step 5, just rub the chrome pigment powder with a sponge applicator all over your nail bed until a desired look achieved. Dust off excess powder around the nail.
Apply 1 layer a top coat and cure for 60 seconds with No-Cleanse Top Coat.
- When hovering the stick, it’s up to you to position it in a way you like. But, it’s recommended to position the stick diagonally to get a better effect. For long nails, you can hover two times to get 2 lines across your nail.
- For Chrome pigment, they recommend using black gel polish underneath it. But, you can use any color as the base color that will show different finishes.
That’s all about my experience with Joya Mia Cat Eye and Chrome Mirror Powder. Have you tried out Cat Eye Gel or Chrome Powder manicure? Leave your comment below. Thank you.