We all often get confused as to what is better and more nutritious between fruit juice
and fruit powder. Here's a low down that will help you understa...
Fruit powders have gained a lot of popularity in the past few years. As people are more or less occupied with their busy lives, there's an increasing impact of malnutrition in major chunks of the population across the globe especially the working individuals.
This is because many people are not concerned about consuming a well-balanced diet but instead choose to have a quick meal instead to manage time, leading to severe consequences. This is where food and fruit supplements came to play, these powdery substances can be mixed with quick meals or taken with plain water and they'll take care of your body's nutritional needs.
But what difference does it make when compared to consuming fruit supplements rather than eating the fruit in its original raw form or simply drinking some fruit juice? We're going to find that out in this article.
- Researches conclude that fruit powder tends to retain about 95% of the nutritional content of the fruit, but there's a catch. Our body processes powder supplements differently when compared to juice and solid fruits. Usually, the body is not able to absorb all of the nutrients from fruit powder and you might miss a lot as compared to consuming fruit juice or the fruit itself.
- Also, fruit powder is deprived of the fiber content of the fruit, which means it has none to zero fiber content of the fruit in it. Fiber is essential for an efficient working digestive system and it also helps the body digest food better and absorb nutrients with its full capacity.
- The absence of this fibrous content is the reason why our body is not able to process all of the nutrients from the fruit powder supplements. Whereas on the other hand, fruit juice does not lose nutrients at all. Drinking fruit juice is almost the same to having eaten the fruits.
- Juice retains the same amount of nutrients and is also it's easier for the body to digest and absorb essential nutrients from the juice even though it does not contain the same amount of fibers as compared to the fruit.
What Is Fruit Powder?
- Fruit powder is a nutritional supplement made by freeze-drying the natural fruit and then processing it into a powdery substance while making sure that it still retains some nutritional values of the original stuff. While producing fruit powder, it's possible to preserve the vital nutrients such as antioxidants and Vitamin C, which our body requires.
- Fruit powders are usually taken with plain water or sometimes mixed with meals. The sole purpose of consuming fruit powders is to make sure that the body receives enough amount of essential nutrients and maintain a balance of such nutrients in the body, which is not possible to attain via quick meals that the body receives in hectic schedules.
- Even though the main process of making fruit powder is eliminating all of the water molecules present in the fruit and dehydrating it upto a point where it completely dries up and becomes powder when crushed, it still manages to retain its original nutritional content.
- This is because all fruits are made up of more than 60-70% of water content, and getting rid of this water leaves only the concentrated nutritional part of the fruit in form of powder.
What Is Fruit Juice?
- Fruit juice is basically the opposite of fruit powder. Instead of dehydrating the fruit to turn it into powder, the juicing process is much more simple, we basically extract all of the water content presents inside the fruit while eliminating the dry counterpart.
- Fruit juice still manages to retain much of the original nutritional content of the fruit because the water inside it can still absorb almost the same amount of nutrients that it contains.
- Even though fruit juice(benefits of cold-pressed juices) does not contain as much fiber as compared to raw fruit, it's still an easy task for your body to absorb and digest it more efficiently. Therefore, drinking a glass of fruit juice per day can benefit you the same as eating a fruit or consuming fruit powder supplements does.
The Final Answer
The only difference between the two is that one is completely deprived of water and the other is purely liquid in state. Both of them have equal health benefits and can fill your body with the required amount of essential nutrients which is otherwise not possible for your body to attain through quick meals and empty diets. Just a small drawback of fruit powder is that it has high-calorie content which can potentially lead to slight weight gain but it can still be managed.
Don't miss: Homemade Dry Fruit Face Packs To Fight Common Skin Problems & Get Glowing Skin
So, now that you know everything about fruit powders and juices, you can choose what’s best for you. If you liked reading this article then stay tuned to Her Zindagi for more.
Did you like this article ?
Download HerZindagi App for seamless experience
Your skin and body like you are unique. While we have taken all measures to ensure
that the information provided in this article and on our social media channels is
credible and expert verified, we recommend you consult a doctor or your dermatologist
before trying a home remedy, quick hack or exercise regime. For any feedback or complaint,
reach out to us at