, also called air rowing machine, is a fitness tool used to simulate water rowing. The rowing machine can exercise 80% of the muscles of the whole body such as the legs, waist, upper limbs, chest and back, which can achieve the effect of aerobic training of the whole body muscles. The rowing machine not only has better exercise effects, but also has a lower risk of sports injuries.
The rowing machine has a small footprint and does not consume electricity. It is relatively easy to get started, suitable for some novices. In recent years, rowing machines have become more and more popular. Nowadays, rowing machine competition has become a very popular sporting event.
At present, the common rowing machines on the market are named according to different resistance methods. They are divided into wind resistance rowing machines, water resistance rowing machines (hydraulic resistance rowing machines), magnetic resistance rowing machines and hydraulic rowing machines. Of course there is also a double resistance mode. For example, the concept2 rowing machine uses the wind resistance mode. The following picture shows the characteristics of various types of rowing machines.
1. Wind resistance rowing machine
Principle: Use the spiral damper to control the air flow from changing different resistance levels.
Advantages: The most professional, suitable for professional athlete training.
Disadvantages: relatively loud noise.
2. Water resistance rowing machine
Principle: The water resistance caused by the rotation of the blades in a closed water tank.
Advantages: The experience is the most authentic, suitable for fitness or boating enthusiasts.
Disadvantages: The maintenance of the water tank system is troublesome. The water is changed every three months in summer and every six months in winter.
3. Reluctance rowing machine
Principle: The magnetic field is used as the medium to control the flywheel through the rotation of the conveyor belt.
Advantages: low noise and low price.
Disadvantages: low resistance level, poor experience, average exercise effect.
4. Hydraulic rowing machine
Principle: The left and right paddles are connected by hydraulic rods to simulate the movement of the rowing boat.
Advantages: simple operation and low price.
Disadvantages: The product is unstable, the exercise track is single, and the exercise effect is poor.
Next, let everyone know the skills and characteristics of the rowing machine.
(1) Use skills
1. Place your feet on the pedals and fix them with belts. Hold the handles with both hands and do not tighten them too much.
2. The movement of the rowing machine can be decomposed into four stages: water in, pulp pulling, water out, and oar return. Beginners should do the decomposition first, master them one by one, and then perform the complete movement.
3. If the purpose of exercise is to reduce fat, the strength of the handle should be adjusted to low to medium intensity.
(2). Energy consumption
Taking an exerciser weighing 60 kg as an example, one hour of exercise with a slightly strenuous intensity will consume about 546 calories.
1. Advantages: full body exercise, very good exercise effect on the core, good fat burning effect.
2. Disadvantages: non-functional sports, non-weight-bearing training, back injuries, shoulder injuries, and lower limb injuries are not suitable for use.
(4) Comprehensive assessment
Fat reduction effect: ââââ Energy efficiency: ââââ Safety factor: ââââ Popularity: âââ